While many legal professionals secure their insurance through professional societies and associations,there are specialized circumstances when they are ineligible for coverage. Brokers and agents must work to ensure that their clients who are lawyers or law firms have the coverage that they need.
Lawyers Professional Liability (E&O) Coverage through Burns & Wilcox is tailor-made for legal professionals to mitigate the risks resulting from professional liability claims when clients say they haven’t performed to expectation. The coverage abates the financial damage following claims of negligence, poor performance, errors in judgment and omissions.
Partner with Burns & Wilcox to provide your clients intelligent solutions and protection against the risks associated with providing professional legal services.
Coverage Details and Features
- $3,500 minimum premium
- Primary and excess coverage available
- Claims-made and duty to defend policy
- Coverage extends to the firm and its professional staff
- Broad definition of claim
- Broad innocent insured provision
- Coverage extends to attorneys joining the firm during the policy period
- Extended reporting period options
- Full prior acts coverage
- Law firms with one of more of the following circumstances:
- Claim frequency and/or severity issues
- Non-renewed by the standard market
- Difficult areas of practice (e.g., securities, class action, intellectual property,entertainment)
- Disciplinary/reprimand issues
- Staffing or procedural issues
- Unusual circumstances or business arrangements
- Notary public
- Arbitrators and mediators
- Trustees and guardians
- Members of formal boards, ethics review committees, or peer boards
- Members of a bar association
Questions to Ask
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations