Today, public officials face the threat of costly litigation on an almost daily basis. In addition to severely damaging the operations and finances of their organization, this litigation can also impact them personally. The extent to which public officials can be held liable for their actions is an important issue at every level of government, public office and government agency.
Public Official Liability Coverage through Burns & Wilcox provides access to coverage that can shield personal assets, and guard public officials against breaches of duty, neglect, error, misstatement or omission while in the performance of their duties for the public entity.
Coverage Details and Features
Broad definition of “insured person,” including:
- Public officials and employees serving with an outside tax exempt entity
- Persons providing services under a mutual aid agreement
- Public officials and employees acting as directors or officers non-profit organizations
Definition of damages can be extended to:
- Punitive and exemplary damages where insurable by law
- Front and back pay (EPL coverage)
- Awards pursuant to the Age Discrimination in Employment Act and the Equal Pay Act (EPL coverage)
- Duty to defend policy language
- Full prior acts coverage available
- Health authorities
- Special Purpose Districts
- Housing Authorities
- Transportation Authorities
- Water/Sewer Authorities
At Burns & Wilcox our expertise becomes your expertise. Our marketing materials are designed to help you give your clients what they want to hear – yes to almost any hard-to-place-risk.
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations