Many contractors are unaware that standard property insurance policies don’t cover materials that are being installed. Contractors can be left holding the bag if damage occurs while in transit or during installation. Without the proper insurance in place, commercial operations can potentially diminish their profit margins or, worse, end up losing money on their jobs. Installation Floaters coverage can help limit the impact to your client’s bottom lines when accidents happen.
Burns & Wilcox can provide access to specialty insurance tailored to your clients’ commercial needs. Our experts can provide the appropriate policy that will protect materials from the financial costs associated with many of the damages that contractors encounter in their daily work.
Coverage Details and Features
- This coverage is a form of builder’s risk coverage where the contractor insures the value of the work and materials being installed at a job site, in which they do not own but have responsibility for
- Beside the policy’s expiration, several other events may cause coverage to cease. Coverage ceases when the purchaser accepts the work, when the contractor’s ownership interest in the property ends, if he abandons the project, or within a stated number of days after he finishes work
- Construction contracts often require this coverage, so it is vital for a contractor to make sure he has the proper coverage
- Available on an All Risk Basis including transit
- Covers losses caused by fire, lightening, theft, explosion and several other perils
- Includes property while being moved from one location to another
Installation Floaters: Applications
Please choose the application that best fits your needs.
If you need additional assistance please contact your local office.Office Locations