Frequently Asked Questions
What if I don’t know who my producer is?
Contact your nearest Burns & Wilcox office.
What if I cannot find a specific product?
How do I know which office to call for insurance coverage?
How do I get appointed?
Click here and follow our easy 4-step process.
How do I make a payment online?
Simply click here and follow the instructions.
How is Burns & Wilcox compensated?
Burns & Wilcox is a wholesale producer that works with your insurance agent/agency to find and procure insurance coverage. Burns & Wilcox is compensated in a variety of ways. Our principal compensation for the placement and service of your insurance policies is through commissions and fees paid by insurance companies and fees paid by clients. In addition, Burns & Wilcox may receive income from the following sources, where applicable and permitted by law:
- Interest or Investment Income earned on insurance premiums;
- Expense Allowances or Reimbursements from insurance companies and other vendors for:
- (a) educational and professional development programs;
- (b) managing and administering certain binding authorities and other similar facilities, including claims which may arise; and
- (c) attendance at insurance company meetings and events, all of which we believe enable us to provide more efficient service and competitive terms to our clients.
- Administrative and Service Fees which may be paid for limited services we provide to the insurance company as part of the placement process, generally across a book of business placed with a particular company, including premium billing, collection, remittance and credit control, policy document compilation, and record retention or for consulting and data analytic services.
- Supplemental Commissions (sometimes referred to as “profit sharing,” “contingent commissions,” or “incentive commissions”) which can be based on profitability, premium volume and/or growth with a carrier. Even if a contingent commission agreement exists with a carrier, we recognize that our esponsibility is to promote the best interests of the
policyholder in the selection of an insurance company.
- Compensation for arranging, directing, or performing services in connection with a premium
Should any client have questions or desire additional information about remuneration and other income, please review your specific contract and / or policy or contact your Burns & Wilcox Broker or Underwriter who will put you in touch with the appropriate individuals for further assistance.
How do I submit a claim?
Email completed loss notices to [email protected]
Who do I contact for account questions, complaints, or information about events?
Contact your nearest Burns & Wilcox office.
How long will my quote be valid?
A quote is valid for thirty days.
Do I have the ability to edit a quote?
Once you complete all the necessary information to generate a quote, you will have the ability to edit it via the “Quote Summary” page. Clicking on the “Edit” button takes you to the “Editing Full Quote” page, where you can revise the information as necessary. Once complete, click on the “Update Quote” button to return to the “Quote Summary” page.
How much time do I have before the system times out?
The platform will log you out after thirty minutes of inactivity.
How do I know when a policy has been issued?
After the insured pays for the policy, IssueQuick will issue the policy and an email will be sent confirming policy issuance. At that time, you will also be able to immediately download the policy through the platform.
How do insureds sign applications?
IssueQuick uses DocuSign, a secure and safe solution for your clients to provide authorization and electronically sign all applications. Your clients should verify that the information entered is correct prior to digitally signing the application
What payment options are supported?
Currently insured direct-bill payment is required across all product lines. Insureds can pay via credit card or ACH (note that a nominal transaction fee will apply for credit card payments). Payment in full is required for all premium-generating transactions.
Can I use premium financing or set up a policy on an installment plan?
No. Applicant direct-bill payment in full is required for all policies to be issued.
Can I cancel, endorse and/or reinstate policies on the platform?
Policies may be cancelled, endorsed or reinstated by contacting the IssueQuick Service Center at [email protected].
Can my agency work directly with a Burns & Wilcox office?
Yes, but only for products that fall outside of the IssueQuick appetite. Please contact the IssueQuick service desk or your local Burns & Wilcox office for more information.
How do I update my contact information?
Contact the IssueQuick Service Center for any updates to your profile by email at [email protected].