A message from Alan Jay Kaufman, Chairman, President and CEO, H.W. Kaufman Group and Burns & Wilcox
The first half of 2020 concludes under extraordinary circumstances that have profoundly transformed the global economy.
Despite pandemic-related headwinds, the worldwide Kaufman/Burns & Wilcox team continues to step up and rise to the occasion, which includes:
- Harnessing expertise across Burns & Wilcox, including our Personal, Professional, Transportation and Marine Practices, which are proving highly valuable in delivering to clients more robust capabilities
- Advancing our large-scale brokerage business through Burns & Wilcox Brokerage, which includes delivering much needed coverage solutions in response to the global pandemic
- Prioritizing recruiting, with industry experts coming on board at all-levels of our organization
- Broadening our global footprint through strategic acquisitions that align with our long-term vision and unlock growth potential
- Making meaningful investments in technology to streamline operations and create a more seamless experience for our clients
We are committed to furthering our culture and foster career development, which enables our professionals to do what they do best – delivering the gold service standard that you have come to expect.
While the macro economy has created uncertainties for all of us, Burns & Wilcox is operating from a position of strength. As a privately held and family operated organization, we are steadfast in our focus on the future. The company is poised to deliver another consecutive year of profitability, which will extend our streak of more than 50 years.
In the United States our teams produced record performances to close out the first half of the year. Burns & Wilcox Canada is on pace for double-digit growth year to date. These achievements are due in large part to the confidence you have in our professionals to underwrite, broker and place the most difficult and complex risks of all sizes.
Looking beyond the current environment, we have entered a hardening market that is unlike any in the last two decades. We recognize the challenges these conditions pose for both you and your clients. Now more than ever, feel confident in our professionals to handle the complexities of your business.
Our global team is well equipped with the talent, resources, relationships, expertise and capacity to address your needs. Together we can continue providing the right insurance solutions.
Please accept our appreciation for your ongoing partnership. We extend our best for continued success and wish you and your family good health and wellbeing.