An excavation contractor was recently ordered to pay $150,000 after its employee pierced an oil pipeline resulting in the release of 250,000 liters of crude oil into surrounding areas.
When a contractor’s work creates pollution or disturbs an existing pollution condition, the contractor can be held liable for resulting damages including costly environmental cleanup. Most contractors do not realize that even if they are not working with hazardous chemicals, they still face pollution exposures that are typically not covered by a general liability policy.
Learn more about Contractors Pollution Liability Coverage that can protect your clients from losses caused by hidden or unanticipated pollution conditions.
Coverage Details and Features
• Project-specific policies available
• $25 million or higher limit capacity
• Blanket Additional Insured, Completed Ops; Primary Noncontributory; Waiver of Subrogation
• Transportation Liability including loading and unloading
• Non-Owned Disposal Site Coverage
• Claims-made or occurrence form
• Mold Coverage available
(including but not limited to)
- HVAC contractors
- Drilling contractors
- Demolition contractors
- General specialty contractors
- Janitorial operations
Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.Office Locations