Laptop Charging on Bed Ignites Apartment Fire in Northwest Austin | Burns & Wilcox

A bedroom fire at an apartment complex in northwest Austin, Texas, on Nov. 4 is reportedly caused by a laptop left charging on a bed. The blaze displaces one resident but no one is injured. Officials say property damage is estimated at $8,000.

 

“With an apartment fire, you are looking at not just damage to the tenants’ property but also the integrity and the structure of the building itself. If you are underinsured and face a million-dollar loss, for example, it can be career-ending if you have to pay for the loss out of your own pocket.” –Dylan Kamen, Broker, Commercial Insurance, Burns & Wilcox, Denver, Colorado

 

Featured solutions:  Commercial Property Insurance; Commercial General Liability Insurance; Pollution Legal Liability Insurance