Home / Personal / Specialty Classes: Personal

Specialty Classes: Personal

Burns & Wilcox offers solutions for a variety of personal specialty classes. See below for examples of coverages we are able to provide.


Family Office

How confident are you in your Family Office coverage? Many basic coverages do not offer the specialized protection you need to cover your assets.

Private Client

Despite nearly 50 percent of the world’s affluent individuals currently residing in the United States, the market is underserved, as these individuals are often underinsured, have inadequate coverage, unique exposures or policies written with carries not familiar with the affluent marketplace.

Burns & Wilcox can help brokers and agents strengthen their position as trusted insurance advisors by connecting you to specialty insurance products designed for your affluent clients. As a leading provider of wholesale specialty insurance, Burns & Wilcox provides access to a range of Private Client coverage products.

In-Home Business

More than 50 percent of businesses operate primarily from the home. These home-based businesses are subject to a variety of different risks. Merchandise can become damaged, lost or stolen, and customers can become injured while using products, leaving the business responsible. With so much at stake, it is important for those who operate in-home businesses to have the right coverage to protect them against financial strain.

Burns & Wilcox, a leading provider of wholesale insurance, can connect you to In-Home Business Coverage. We can provide unique coverage tailored to the needs of each of your clients to protect them from financial damages resulting from the risks associated with operating their businesses.


Mid-Range Homeowners

Burns & Wilcox provides Mid-Range Homeowners Coverage targeted for properties that are not properly serviced by the standard insurance market. Contact your nearest Burns & Wilcox office today to ensure your client’s specific needs are being met.

Vacant Dwelling

Vacant Dwelling

Approximately 23,800 vacant residential property fires are reported to fire departments each year, resulting in $785 million in property losses. Wooded areas bring fire hazards and unmonitored vacant homes face increased risks for greater losses. In fact, 53 percent of vacant dwelling fires spread to the entire property.

Other geographic locations introduce different exposures as colder climates give rise to water damage claims due to frozen pipes bursting, while coastal homes have heightened risk of wind damage.

Vacant Dwelling Coverage can be customized to limit your clients’ property exposures stemming from their vacant houses, apartments and condos.


Burns and Wilcox Videos

Quick Facts: Hard-to-Place Homeowners Insurance

Whether it's on the coastline, in a brush fire zone, or in an area at risk for earthquakes, each home has unique risks and exposures that can move it into a hard-to-place situation. Get the latest facts on Homeowners Insurance.

Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.

Office Locations