Home / Personal / Property: Residential
Property Residential

Property: Residential

Burns & Wilcox offers solutions for a variety of Residential Property coverage needs. See below for examples of coverages we are able to provide.

Homeowners and Dwelling

As homes are most likely the biggest purchase in your clients’ lives, it is important that they have the right protection for their property and personal belongings. With risks ranging from theft, to damages, to bodily injuries on personal property, it is important that your clients are covered.

Burns & Wilcox, a leader in wholesale insurance, provides access to a variety of Homeowners Coverage. Whether the house you own is large or small, occupied or vacant, we can provide access to the specific coverage your clients need.

Condominium Unit (HO6)

The advantage of owning a condo is that you become a shareholder in a property from which you “share” access to common areas. However, this benefit does not come without risk. Although condominium associations carry insurance policies, they typically only cover items that are part of the building, including the common areas, parking lots, and swimming pool. Condo owners can also be held personally liable for injuries to visitors or for damage accidentally caused to other property including their neighbors. In addition, your clients need to ensure that their personal possessions in the condo are protected.

Burns & Wilcox can provide access to Condominium Unit Coverage which is required to protect your client’s personal property and any parts of their unit that aren’t covered by the condo association’s insurance policy. As a leader in providing excess and specialty insurance, we can provide you access to coverage for owner-occupied, tenant occupied and rented condominium units. Combined with our outstanding expertise and service, Burns & Wilcox is the only personal insurance wholesaler you need.

Course of Construction

The risk of property damage while you’re a home is under construction is a significant concern for property owners. Damage can result in severe, unexpected costs which can delay the building process or halt it entirely. Course of Construction insurance (often referred to as “Builder’s Risk”) provides a specialized form of insurance designed to insure against repair or replacement costs while construction is underway and, in some cases, for a specified period afterwards.

Course of Construction Coverage through Burns & Wilcox can cover your clients’ personal property while under construction, as well as property at off-site storage locations and in transit. As a leading provider of wholesale insurance, the experienced professionals at Burns & Wilcox can deliver insurance solutions that meet the unique needs of your clients.



When an earthquake hits, most people understand that damage to their property is a possibility. However, many people assume that their homeowners insurance will cover the cost of damages, which isn’t always the case. A specially-designed stand-alone earthquake policy ensures that your client is protected from the financial fallout of an earthquake.

Earthquake Coverage through Burns & Wilcox can protect your clients’ property and personal belongings after an earthquake hits, including landslide coverage and difference in conditions. As a leading provider of wholesale insurance, the experienced professionals at Burns & Wilcox can deliver insurance solutions that meet the unique needs of your clients.

Primary and Excess Flood

The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) reported 25% of all flood related insurance claims came from people outside of the designated risk zones, demonstrating that even if you are outside of a known high-risk area for flooding, you may still be vulnerable. As flood insurance policies cover up to $250,000, if your client’s home is worth more than that, then they need to purchase extended coverage beyond the limits available from the NFIP.

Burns & Wilcox, a leader in excess and surplus insurance, can provide access to expanded flood insurance tailored to your clients’ needs. Our experts can provide the appropriate policy that will cover your personal items.


Renters (HO4)

Renting a home, condo or apartment is often easier and less costly than owning a property. Renters are not required to take out a mortgage, pay for property maintenance or purchase homeowners insurance. However, the landlord’s insurance policy generally only covers the actual house, apartment or condo, leaving the tenant’s personal property and personal liability exposed to insurance risks. Obtaining Renters (H04) Coverage, often referred to as a Tenants Policy, can help mitigate the costs of replacing or repairing your client’s personal belongings, such as televisions, jewellery, computers and furniture. It will also provide liability coverage in the event they are found negligent, liable or presented with a lawsuit.

Burns & Wilcox can provide access to Renters (HO4) Coverage which provides specialized coverage for a broad range of tenant occupied apartments, condominiums, and homes. As a leading provider of wholesale insurance, the experienced professionals at Burns & Wilcox can deliver insurance solutions that provide both peace of mind and security.


Wind/Excess Wind

Hurricanes, storms and tornados cause billions in damages in the United States annually. While homeowners insurance covers some wind damage, if the wind exceeds 35 miles per hour, homeowners may need additional coverage. Wind insurance protects your clients’ personal property from the financial harm caused by wind that is strong enough to cause significant property damage.

Burns & Wilcox can provide your clients with access to Wind/Excess Wind insurance. As a leading provider of excess and specialty insurance, Burns & Wilcox can provide intelligent insurance solutions to cover your clients should their property be damaged by excessive wind.

Difference in Conditions (DIC)

An All-risk policy can exclude certain perils that your client may need covered. For example, floods are excluded from a homeowners policy. However, if your client lives in a flood zone, they will encounter different conditions and require supplemental coverage. Having the right add-on coverage can help meet the unique needs of your clients related to these conditions.

Burns & Wilcox offers Difference in Conditions (DIC) Coverage as an extension to an all-risk policy which adds perils that are typically excluded. As each DIC policy is unique, it is important that you work with professionals who understand how to obtain policies that properly supplement your clients’ existing coverage. We can arrange for the customized insurance policies for each of your clients’ unique needs. Coupled with our extremely fast submission response time and low minimum premiums, Burns & Wilcox is one of the leading providers for excess and specialty insurance.


Single Family Dwelling, HO5, Salt Lake City, UT


Single Family Dwelling, HO3, Newport Beach, CA


Single Family Dwelling, HO3, Aguanga, CA


Single Family Dwelling, HO3, Boca Raton, FL

Applications for this product may vary. Please click below to find the office nearest to you for assistance.

Office Locations